COMMUNITIES OF PRACTICE GOALS
- Establish a CoP to strengthen and promote functional collaboration between the health, welfare and education sectors serving children and families for improved child well-being.
- Work together to develop and test a digital tool to assess and track child well-being.
- Based on assessment of the digital too to design, implement and evaluate the appropriate cross-sectoral and interdisciplinary local level solutions to combine ‘cash transfers and care’ services and learning opportunities for children in disadvantaged communities.
- Produce knowledge about the practice of inter-sectoral collaboration for better outcomes for children.
- Make recommendations to government and non-governmental partners about the potential of integrated social systems strengthening solutions for better social outcomes for children and families.
COMMUNITIES OF PRACTICE OBJECTIVES
- Design, test and implement the Child Well-being Tracking Tool (CWTT)
- Develop generic overarching solutions and action plans to step up child well-being outcomes across the social sectors.
- Develop, implement and assess the effectiveness of a community-based mathematics and reading development model that includes children and parents.
- Conduct a baseline assessment study on the mental health of children in their foundation years of schooling and develop assessment guidelines.
- Determine the factors that contribute to the risk of mental health problems in children and identify factors that contribute to building resilience.
- Conduct a health and nutrition assessment of the children; devise appropriate primary health care solutions and assess the effectiveness of such solutions.
- Review, adapt, implement and evaluate a community-based child and family strengthening intervention.
- Assess the potential of cash transfers and an integrated family intervention on child well-being outcomes.
- Assess the effectiveness of the CoP approach used in this study to strengthen integrated service provision (cash transfers – that is, social grants; care services, health, nutrition,education, welfare and social work services) for better social outcomes for children.